You are looking for something more from your job. Maybe a bigger problem to solve with both immediate and long term impact, or perhaps you just need a mission you can believe in every day. You are scrappy and collaborative while looking to join a supportive culture with a bias for action. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges with grace. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a freshly funded ($8M Series A in December 2018) startup HQ'd in Chicago's Fulton Market District. Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every life stage. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other.
We are a marketplace and community that matches companies with diverse talent. This critical match drives businesses forward, while expanding professional opportunities for women.
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work. We need all hands on deck, your journey starts now....
• Controller duties: prepare financials in accordance to GAAP, reconciliations, cash
• Financial planning & analysis duties: budgeting, forecasting, analysis including cost benefit and new initiative tracking
• Oversee operating expenses & prepaid schedules
• manage receivables & payables
• Help implement & document efficient processes and internal controls
• Prepare payroll
• Ad hoc projects
• 5+ years of finance work experience
• Bachelor in accounting or finance preferred
• CPA preferred
• Advanced proficiency in Excel & Google Sheets
• Start up experience preferred (can include management of start-up initiatives/programs within a larger organization)
• Experience in Technology a plus
• Experience in Businesses processing high volume of transactions a plus
• Experience working closely with Legal and HR a plus
• Familiar with QuickBooks Online